f


Soccer AM/MW - the home of lively and humorous discussion from the Football and Non Leagues

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Editorial 15

Hello all!

So where did that season go then? OK, it's not yet over, but I can't believe that we're already approaching that time of the season where the fate of sides is being decided.

Of course, one such side has been Preston. It's fair to say that all of the Soccer AM/MW team were rooting for PNE to pull off the impossible and stage a great escape. Unfortunately, the damage done by Deadly Darren has proved irreperable.

However, we know that relegation isn't the end of the world, and Lakes is now looking forward to a play off push in League One next season.

I say looking forward, we all know it'll end in misery and heartache in the end of season lottery, it is Preston after all.

With the current season coming to a close, it also means the prediction league is also reaching an exciting climax.

I received a text from Lakes the other day suggesting I had wrapped up a second successive crown over the Bank Holiday weekend.

I reminded him of the forthcoming play off games, which he had apparently forgotten. If you ask me though, it was a cunning last-ditch mind game from the perennial wooden spoon winner.

I'm determined not to let it affect my form over the remaining weeks though, with potentially both Boston and Forest involved in the play offs to extend the regular campaign.

In other news, I was delighted to discover that, for some reason, we now have 250 people following us over on that Twitter thing.

Unlike Darron Gibson, it doesn't matter how much abuse people throw at us, we're going to remain on there. If only to prove that I am actually still alive.

I have to concede it's been a bit of a quiet month on the blog recently. However, there's still some good treats to read if you've missed them - including my look at how teams have adjusted to new grounds.

Also I posed the question of whether destiny plays any part in football. Don't believe so? Have a read and see if I can change your mind.

We'll be endeavouring to do justice in the coming weeks to the exciting times that are the play offs. You can't beat them, in my opinion, and I'll still be saying that even if the Skyrockets lose in them next month.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that though, eh?

All the best,

Nobes

No comments:

Post a Comment